Three main reasons for starting treatment

Three main reasons for starting treatment

The three main reasons for starting treatment for fibrocystic changes are as follows:

  1. Elimination of unpleasant clinical symptoms.
  2. Make breast tissue less dense and more uniform until a woman reaches the age at which breast cancer (breast cancer) occurs most often in order to facilitate breast examination and to avoid unnecessary repeated biopsies.
  3. Reducing the risk of breast cancer (BC) in patients with precancerous changes.

Many methods of treatment of fibrocystic changes of the breast can be generally divided into two groups: diet therapy with vitamin therapy and hormone therapy.

Perhaps the simplest of the methods of treatment proposed by those experts who believe that dimethylxanthines (caffeine, theophylline) and nicotine stimulate the appearance of fibrocytocytic changes in the mammary glands. Proponents of this view suggest that patients not drink coffee, tea, cola and chocolate; not to use certain agents for the treatment of diseases of the bronchopulmonary system containing dimethylxanthines; stop smoking.

Others believe that vitamin E successfully alleviates the symptoms and causes regression of the fibrocystic changes of the breast. The mechanism of its action is unknown, although it was shown that patients who took large doses of vitamin E, there was a decrease in the level of serum gonadotropins and corticotropin. Gonzales conducted a double-blind study in which 20 patients in the main group and 8 in the control group received a placebo for 4 weeks.

Then, patients of the main group were administered 600 IU of vitamin E per day for 8 weeks. When taking vitamin E, the frequency of the full response to treatment was 40%, partial – 46%, the overall response rate to treatment – 86%. There was no response to treatment in the placebo group.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *